Friday 2 August 2013

Enterprise - Basecoat done

The Enterprises base-coat in light-grey is done. (80% white, 20% Vallejo 71.050). 

It's a big surface to airbrush, especially when airbrushing isn't always very successfull. After my recent discovery of at least one issue with the airbrush, it has become a lot easier to use. It still goes rather slow at times, but when you hold to model under the correct angle, you clearly see where you're spraying and how much paint is slowly building up. Slow and steady wins the race, I guess.

There are still issues to resolve and things to get a better handle on, but I do feel finally some progress has been made. The rest is just a matter of building experience with it, but I no longer feel reluctant to spend a few hours at the workbench. Proof of that being that I spend 3 sessions of 2 hours each in 2 consecutive days. (Spending my last few days of vacation at home helps a little).

Next up : another round of masking. We're back on track!



No comments:

Post a Comment